« ARTICLE: FROM THE TENNESSEAN | Main | Great Review of The Shelter »

Video: Jars of Clay Presents The Shelter

You group of men are amazing! Not just musically but you take the talents that God has given you and turn them into opportunities to do more! Many artists cannot say that. Keep it up. You are a inspiration to my two boys. They love your music and they share it with all their little friends and then go on to explain how you help build wells in Africa. They told me yesterday that "when they get big they want to be in a band that does good too". Out of the mouth of babes. They are 7 & 8.

September 20, 2010 at 9:00 AM | Unregistered CommenterChristy Faith

Nothing i think so true as jesus and i humbly think your music and words and sound tend to go so close to Him. Thanks a lot for what you do and i know the shelter will bring much much more than only music and songs to us believers and other believers-to-be. Love. keep it going and God bless you and your work.

September 21, 2010 at 4:36 AM | Unregistered Commenterrsoubans@hotmail .com

I love the fact that your albums are consistently good – okay, beyond good. But don’t worry I’m not a stalker fan. Keep up the good work!

September 22, 2010 at 7:53 AM | Unregistered CommenterBen (Australia)

I appreciate the thought concerning how 'the shelter' is there in the midst of a storm. We are not immune from the storms of life, but God provides a place of saftey and /or refuge.

Furthering this thought, God is our refuge and our strength. THE shelter from all the storms of life

September 22, 2010 at 8:03 PM | Unregistered CommenterBill B

Isn't it interesting that when everything is coming unglued and we find Shelter in the storm we aren't nearly so worried about who we might be sharing it with. He is a Shelter that all are invited to take refuge in- So it might be good for me to learn to Love my sheltermates!

September 22, 2010 at 8:15 PM | Unregistered CommenterCharles Welch

You guys have been a shelter for my heart and soul for over 9 years now. Your lyrics reach in to express what I, even as a writer, seem unable to realize on my own. I'm so proud of what you and our Lord have accomplished thru Blood:Water Mission, and gratified to have a small part in that. I'm experiencing my own storm right now, and am beyond grateful for the shelter of my family, friends, community, favorite bands, and ever first-and-foremost, my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ...in me, with me, through me -- the storm will pass.

September 22, 2010 at 8:43 PM | Unregistered Commenterkatherine

Your music is beyond amazing. You have the power to touch people's souls and bring them closer to Christ. You say what I can never express on my own. Your music has always been inspirational and a huge part of my life. Thank you for what you do!! I will keep you in my prayers. ♥ God Bless!

September 23, 2010 at 12:10 AM | Unregistered CommenterJosie

I am so excited about your new album!! I am very happy that you worked with Audrey Assad, of whom I am becoming a huge fan and had a great opportunity to meet. I have adored your music for a very long time (we are the same ages so I feel like you are truly my brothers) but I am constantly amazed and impressed with what God has done in and through you all. May God bless this album, the listeners of this record and all others, and continue to bless you all and your families (this is, after all, a community/team effort). There is a book called "Team work makes the dream work" and you all demonstrate that beautifully. Thank you also for setting the example for young men (and older) of having such strong fraternity of love and friendship, and for sharing that fraternity with the world. Remember Phil. 4:8-9.

September 23, 2010 at 7:48 AM | Unregistered Commenterdiamongirl777@hotmail.com

Guys this song is amazing, you have a very inspirational music !!

September 23, 2010 at 9:47 AM | Unregistered Commenterlengsel

Love you guys! What instrument does the dog play?

September 23, 2010 at 9:52 AM | Unregistered CommenterMugga Blaze

So many of your songs throughout the years have ministered and encouraged me and came along at just the right time and allowed me to cling to Hope through tears and turmoil. I can only attempt to express my gratitude to each of you in your faithfulness in serving God and encouraging His family through the body of work that your collective talents have created for His glory.

Thank you so much, my brothers.

September 23, 2010 at 4:00 PM | Unregistered CommenterDebbie

the dog plays the "shaker" it's amazing!

September 24, 2010 at 12:59 AM | Unregistered Commenterginajark

It is not enough for us to say: "I love God, but I do not love my neighbor." Saint John says that you are a liar if you love God and you don't love your neighbor. How can you love God whom you do not see, if you do not love your neighbor whom you see, whom you touch, with whom you live? And so this is very important for us to realize, that love, to be true, has to hurt. - Mother Teresa, Nobel Prize acceptance speech, 1979

Quote taken from my church's weekly update email. www.crosswalkvillage.com

September 26, 2010 at 12:50 AM | Unregistered CommenterWendy

Who is the Architect?
It is none other than Jesus Christ.

September 27, 2010 at 9:10 AM | Unregistered CommenterJacob Harada