« Great Jars Concert Review | Main | DOVE AWARD WINS »

Flood Update from Gray Matters

Jars of Clay's Nashville studio, Gray Matters, received damage from the flooding over the weekend. The team is working hard to sort through the impact and begin the repair phase. Your thoughts and prayers for everyone in the Nashville area are greatly appreciated.

Recording of The Shelter has been set back a week or so, but the band is anxious to get back to recording when not out doing shows.

You know, as the flood waters recede you could always do a backward version of the 'work' video. The damaged equipment would make sense in this case :)

May 5, 2010 at 6:38 PM | Unregistered CommenterJonathan

praying for you guys and all in the area. Is there anyway to help out through your ministry or local churches?

May 5, 2010 at 9:06 PM | Unregistered Commenterwesley

Man that sucks the Studio Flood damage, I hope your homes didnt get hit. The rain falls on the just and the unjust. Im praying for you Brothers as always.

May 6, 2010 at 3:18 PM | Unregistered CommenterHoward

I tried to send a message via Twitter about this but - how awesome am I - didn't realize that the recipient must be following ME for me to message them. Of course :). But I did want to pass along the following information in case it is useful.

I live overseas and have a friend who is in Africa with Samaritan's Purse and when I saw your tweet about the ruined shirts I asked her if that might be the sort of thing (dirty but unworn shirts) that is helpful for organizations like theirs and she said yes - perhaps good for them (Africa) or perhaps Haiti at the moment as there is a constantly functioning supply chain. Just wanted to pass along the information in case they were salvageable and you were as yet undecided as to what to do with them. If I can be of any help, just comment here and I'd be happy to supply contacts (or anything else) if needed.

We were in Hurricane Ike last year, so we empathize with you Nashville folks and are lifting you up.

May 7, 2010 at 1:03 PM | Unregistered Commenteraeb

I hope you guys can recover from the damage quickly, and continue to present us you wonderful music. I'm still with high expectations for The Shelter project. And may God bless you guys and Nashville, even at such adverse times.

May 11, 2010 at 10:32 AM | Unregistered CommenterIntus Legere

That's awful, & I'm trying not to find the humor in the irony that your first single was "Flood." I hope & pray for a successful clean up job.

May 29, 2010 at 4:59 PM | Unregistered CommenterJoyce

Any update on the benefit Flood(ed)? Your fans are there for you. And we all are here for the victims. You and the victims are in our prayers....

June 16, 2010 at 1:15 AM | Unregistered CommenterKathy